Complete an Excel Sheet from Address Data taken from rows (lines)

trippyd

Hello Folks,

It's been a long time since my last post and thank you in advance for all contributions that helped me back then. Here's today's question, which for some of you know doubt be reasonably quite straight forward.

I have a sheet with data in it (engineers job sheet) Name, Address, Date, Job Number, Fault, etc. - This information is stored in Lines across the sheet. eg.

(Line 10) Peter Pan, 123 Albert Rd, London, Post (ZIP) Code,
(Line 11) Fred Bloggs, 456 Bean Street, Surrey, Post (ZIP) Code,

I need to populate this data in to another Excel sheet (which if like a engineers job sheet) in its correct Cell. Then print it.

If I have for example I have five lines of information, I need populate a Excel sheet for each, then print them.

Does that make sense and thank you for your help.

Sincerely.

Dave

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
are you looking for in cell drop downs on second sheet to help sort data or some VBA to run and strip out certain columns of data and if you already have the information on a sheet can you just filter it, then print what you want. need more info on how your data looks and how you want results to look

~DR

Upvote 0
Hello DR, Thank you first off for your reply, very kind. The data really is basic information that is manually entered in to the cells (name and address stuff), Left to right across the sheet. I then wish to take that data on a line by line basis; then place is it to cells of a second Excel sheet which is a manually complied form; in a format like an Engineers job sheet ready to print.

Kind regards
Dave

clip_image002.jpg

clip_image004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
@trippyd
I have removed the contact details that you posted. All communication about forum issues should remain on-forum. Please refer to #4 of the Forum Rules

Also, as you have found, you cannot post images stored on your own computer. Best for posting small dummy sample data is to use one of the methods listed in the Forum Use Guidelines. If it some other type of image you need to upload it to an online site and provide a link to that file in your post.

Upvote 0
@trippyd
I have removed the contact details that you posted. All communication about forum issues should remain on-forum. Please refer to #4 of the Forum Rules

Also, as you have found, you cannot post images stored on your own computer. Best for posting small dummy sample data is to use one of the methods listed in the Forum Use Guidelines. If it some other type of image you need to upload it to an online site and provide a link to that file in your post.

**Apologies, I wasn't aware. Thank you for the information. (Sorry I don't really read T&C's, like mos of us I feel)**

:)

Upvote 0
Sorry, Just found out no personal email addresses allowed. Also the screen shots need to be posted via another method.

I am not using List Box for the 'Engineers Form' that needs completing from the lines of name address data entered. I started to use "=" but then found out that would only work for first line of information. Do you know where I can post my examples to so you can see them?

Regards
Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back