Automatically populate lists from master list/ Create Teux Deux or Trello Style lists

han

I have one long list of tasks in an excel sheet with columns for task, date due, project & priority etc. I have macro buttons to sort by each column and generally it works well and is simple but I would like to be able to view it in a similar way to this: https://teuxdeux.com/ or Trello ie, have a row of consecutive dates and then the tasks for that day listed below the dates so you can get an 'at a glance' look at the week.

I was thinking a vlookup may work but seems a bit clunky, is there a simpler way?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Re: Help - how do I automatically populate lists from master list/ Create Teux Deux or Trello Style lists

Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
I think you'll struggle to find anything "simpler" than a Vlookup.

Upvote 0
Re: Help - how do I automatically populate lists from master list/ Create Teux Deux or Trello Style lists

Without any idea of what your data looks like, or exactly how you want to display it, it's difficult to tell.
Can you post a small sample of your data & what you want as an end result?
There are some add-ins available here that enable you to post data to the board. https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html

Upvote 0

I am currently on a mac (although trying to do this on a work Windows computer) and can't get the add ins to work but these are my two sheets.

The first is my list which is where I update the data
The second I want to just extract automatically from the list and show it in columns

https://ibb.co/P6csdSf
https://ibb.co/VW8mG9p

<colgroup><col width="87" span="3" style="width: 65pt;"><col width="375" style="width: 281pt;"><col width="87" span="2" style="width: 65pt;"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0

Ok, as you have multiple matches Vlookup won't work.
Try

Book1
ABCDEF
219/08/201920/08/201921/08/201922/08/201923/08/201924/08/2019
3 Task1Task2Task7Task9
4Task3Task8
5Task4
6Task5
7Task6
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A3=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$D$3:$D$11,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(Sheet1!$D$3:$D$11)-ROW(Sheet1!$D$3)+1)/(Sheet1!$B$3:$B$11=A$2),ROWS($A$1:$A1))),"")

Copied down & across

Upvote 0

It works!

Thank you!

Upvote 0

You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back