Finding a date in a column

MrTreasury

Hello forum,

The title is a bit misleading. The dates I'm looking for are the last days of a month, however, EOMONTH won't work in this instance as the data is financial, so as such the last day of the month could be 29th April for example.

I'm trying to find the most efficient way of searching said column for the last day of the month for each month, across a few years. I haven't written any code for it yet, as I'm really unsure what I could do. I'm looking for someone to write a bunch of code, but maybe some pointers and i can try and learn from that way.

Any advice would help. Apologies in advance if this is vague.

Thanks,

Mr T

Re: Hello board - finding a date in a column

Leap years and holidays probably complicate this issue, but going forward, aren't the last financial days of the month well known for the United States or for any other country (they have different holidays) as well?

Well maybe not that well known :rolleyes: here's a web page: Monthly Closing Calendar that says for next June it's "TBD"

Here's the wikpedia page on the topic:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accounting_period

The question/issue is two fold, generating the calendar of monthly closing dates (the hard part*)
and then looking up that date.

* If different organizations are involved it could get ugly.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

EOMONTH takes account of bank holidays and WORKDAY has another parameter you can add for a range of holiday dates.

The VBA for the Find is relatively straightforward (when you are on a PC and not a phone as I am at the moment anyway :ROFLMAO:)

Upvote 0

Bad typing, it should have read...
EOMONTH takes account of Leap Years and WORKDAY has another parameter you can add for a range of holiday dates.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back