Sorry, We couldn't find...

JaSonic

Hi,

When I load my Excel file I keep getting the following error message:
"Sorry, We could not find 'Path/Week_xx.xlsm'. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?"

When I click OK, I then get:
"Microsoft Excel can not access the file 'Path/Week_xx.xlsm'. There are several possible reasons:
The filename or path does not exist.
The file is being used by another program.
The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as the currently open workbook."

Excel is correct in that the the file does not exist.....yet, but they will do in the future..

I have multiple workbooks filenamed by week and am creating a 'summary' workbook which takes data from the weekly files and compiles into 1.

It is possible for Excel to not display these errors, then when the file does exist, the data is then compiled accordingly?
Every cell has an iferror command that will display a 0 until data is present in the file in question.

The only solution I can think of is to create every file accordingly and simply enter the data when that week arises, however, every now and then I will make a change to the weekly file, which is then saved as a template. This idea would then involve going through every file and making that same change.

Any solutions gratefully appreciated.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back