populate cells with text from another page

Mark24931816

Good morning, I will try and explain what I am trying to do and am grateful for any help offered

I have two sheets on the same spreadsheet, the first (Front page) a clean sheet showing training compliance percentage that draws from information in rows and columns on the second sheet that is basically a data dump.

What I am trying to achieve is that if any cell in column "Q" is empty, it then copies the text from cells "C" "D" & "K" on that row and transfer it to cells on the first page:

So if a date is missing from column "Q" (Blank) then the first and last name of the staff member from cells "C" & "D" with the name of the training module from cell "K" are copied to the front page to make a list of missing training.

I hope this makes sense to someone

thanks in advance

M

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hello,

A little more information is needed.

What you ask is relatively simple via VBA but what would trigger this? A button to generate the "report" on to the front page?

Where on the front page would this information go? What row would it start on? When it is generated does it overwrite the previous details or add them to the end?

Upvote 0
Hey,

You want something like:

=IF(Sheet2!Q1<>"","",Sheet2!C1&" "&Sheet2!D1&" "&Sheet2!K1)

Placed in say, A1 of the front page sheet. Assuming Sheet2 is the data dump sheet - change name accordingly

Upvote 0
Thank you very much i will have a fiddle with that formula and see how i get on, appreciate your time and input

many thanks

M

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back