Thread: AutoFill Across Columns

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: AutoFill Across Columns

Wow ~ This thread has turned into quite the tutorial for how to fill accross columns.

Joe & Peter ~

Your expertise, insights and explanations will/(should) keep this thread being viewed for years to come.

Especially by folks whom, like myself, come here looking not for just a solution, but for a better understanding of how and why that solution works.

Sites like this work only because of experts like yourselves and I for one can't thank you enough for sharing your expertise with 'rooks' like myself.

(some years ago I made a MsgBox pop-up that said 'Hello World!' and now everybody thinks I'm an Excel Guru) lol.

Joe & Peter ~ Thank You (and the rest of this community) again - Very Much for helping me to keep them believing that!

RT91

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RunTime91 View Post
    I for one can't thank you enough for sharing your expertise with 'rooks' like myself.
    You just did.
    And thank you for your other kind words.
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    Peter
    Excel 365 - Windows 10
    - Want to help your helpers by posting a small, copyable, screen shot directly in your post? Look here
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the # key in the Reply window
    - Read: Forum Rules, Forum Use Guidelines, & FAQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_SSs View Post
    .. and just for the record here is a way without needing to put anything in any of the cells first. (Though I'm not particularly recommending this as a 'better way')
    Code:
    .Range("A1").Resize(, lc).Value = Application.Transpose(Evaluate("row(1:" & lc & ")"))
    Just to follow up on this method, if you know that the last column will never be more than some fixed value (say, 700 columns), you can use this simple code line letting the actual lc inside the Resize property call control the final output...

.Range("A1").Resize(, lc) = [COLUMN(A:ZZ)]

I used Column ZZ (which is the 702nd column) because I think ZZ looks "nicer" in the formula than ZX (which is 700th column). Anyway, the idea is to set the last column to a column letter designation which is always going to be greater than the largest column you will ever need to fill in.
    Rick's "mini" blog... http://www.excelfox.com/forum/f22/
    Want to post a small screen shot? See Part B here.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List