Pivot table; show values as percent and total as number

kalabe

I have a pivot table with a list of different types of events in the first column (row labels), e.g. boiler repair, floor repair, window repair. The value columns are the days of the week, with the number of each type of event (repair jobs) occurring on each day. I would like to show the grand total in the last column as a number, but the daily figures as percentages of the total of each row. I can only find a way of changing all figures to percent (including the total defaulting to 100%) or to numbers. The only workaround I've found is to repeat the count of event columns but then I end up with twice the number of columns. Ok as a one-off but I need to do this quite often and would like to have a neater template solution. Any advice - please?

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Have you tried dropping the events also into the value section this will give you a count of the events

Upvote 0
Have you tried dropping the events also into the value section this will give you a count of the events

Thanks for your help but that's not the issue. Events is the only entry in the value section and are also the row labels. Days of the week are the column headers.

I want the total of events in the end column as a count but I want the event values under each day to show as a percentage of the total for that row (which is shown in the end column).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CantExcel123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back