Cross Workbook equation to get data into another format (dealing with duplicate numbers)

katie97

I have an IF statement pulling date onto Sheet 1 (=IF('Sheet 2'!$E$4=H15,'Sheet2'!$C$4,False). However, I have some numbers in the E column that are identical, while the respective values in row C are different. Is there a way to tell excel to move onto the next instance of the number in column E? For example, if it has already pulled C4 for E4, can I tell it to move on to E5:$E to search for the next occurrence and then pull the respective number from column C?

I realize an IF statement may not be best for this, but I'm at the end of my excel knowledge, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Link to screenshots: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15gkI3-eED9mesOvanVcNLZiFjYWWuzSU?usp=sharing

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
I guess you are looking for this.

Excel 2013/2016
ABCDEFGH
1LINE#LINEPO#PO Number
21111112019-402019-40
31121122019-40
Sheet2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2=IF($E2=$H$2,$C2,FALSE)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Try these

In cell B34 of the formula sheet:

=IFERROR(INDEX('PO Log'!C$4:C$100,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW('PO Log'!E$4:E$100)-ROW('PO Log'!E$4)+1)/('PO Log'!$E$4:$E$100=$H$15),$A34)),"")

then, after adjusting the $100s for the end of your data (if required) copy/paste this formula to B36, B38 etc

In cell E34 of the formula sheet

=IF($B34="","",INDEX('PO Log'!B$4:B$100,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW('PO Log'!B$4:B$100)-ROW('PO Log'!B$4)+1)/('PO Log'!$E$4:$E$100=$H$15),$A34))&"")

adjust & copy to rows 36, 38, ...

You should then be able to copy the E34 formula to Z34 & try adjusting it to point to the correct column. Post back if you need more help with that part or the above.

BTW, it looks like you might be using a Mac version of Excel. If so, always a good idea to state that & your operating system as the majority of helpers (including me) will normally assume PC versions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danni317

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back