Above my ability level :-( (JSON Parsing/ Editing with VBA)-- I have attached my attempt

wtstreetglow

Hello All! Hope you can help because I think I'm in on more than I can handle on this one.

I have linked 2 files. One is titled "xepg.json" and one titled "JSONCHANNELNUMBEREDIT.xlsm".

My goal is to get a json file imported to excel as a table (columns and rows) that can be easily edited and then somehow export the table back to a json file.

I have added the parser class to my file and also added the windows scripting reference. I have it working properly for a single item. However, my problem comes in that I have a json key (there are 21 or so total) that changes on every entry ("row"). I don't know how to deal with this and to be honest, the only reason I have gotten to where I am now is because I have found enough to copy paste everything I have together.-- I like excel but programming is not a forte of mine by any chance.

Is there anyone here that could help me get this thing working. I don't know how much time it would take, so if it would take alot of time I understand if no one if will to help me out a bit. I think the problem that is really messing me up is the fact that the first key changes every single row (new entry), this kind of makes it unusual for json I believe.

Thank you all for anything you can help me with!!Maybe there is a freeware tool out there that can do this and I can put excel down?? I couldn't find anything though.

Again, I have linked the 2 files below so that you can see what I have and what I'm trying to accomplish. Thank you all again!!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M3u5nTceqWXBmq8AzwYxDJJgWZW4s9Jt?usp=sharing

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back