Fill Handle Menu Replaced by Quick Analysis Menu

cintirich

Hello all,

I have searched and searched but I have not found a thread covering this particular problem.

Historically, when I have double-clicked the lower right corner of a cell, it will automatically autofill the cells below and offer a fill handle option menu (Copy Cells, Fill Series, Fill Formatting Only, etc) so that I can change how Excel autofilled the cells, if needed. Recently (last couple of weeks or so), when I use the fill handle, that option menu is gone and has been replaced by the Quick Analysis menu (Formatting, Charts, Totals, Tables, Sparklines) and I can't get the Fill handle menu back, even when I go to the Options menu to disable the Quick Analysis menu.

Please note that I have already gone to File -> Options -> Advanced to ensure that the fill handle options are enabled. Any advice would be tremendously appreciated. Thank you!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I have noticed the same thing and it is an extremely annoying change. I'd be ok if the Quick Analysis Menu contained the items that used to be in the fill handle menu, but most of those seem to have completely disappeared.

Upvote 0

cintirich & unisax4006

If you have added filters then this makes the fill handle cause an issue. So that remove any filters applied in the sheet (not clear filters, remove filtering option) and try to drag & down the cell. This will show the fill handle option again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back