Useful Excel formulas which people have shared

WeThotUWuzAToad

Hello,

Does MrExcel have a place to view useful formulas that people have shared over the years? If not, does anyone know of a good source for those types of formulas (hopefully categorized for easier/quicker finding)?

I'm not referring to a list of Excel functions (which are readily available in many locations), but rather, a list of formulas which people have written using Excel functions. I'm also not really referring to a collection of useful Excel VBA scripts — although I'm sure there are many Excel users who would be — but primarily formulas written for use inside cells.

I sometimes come up with or come across a formula which would have been great to know long before now. However, I try to focus on the benefit of having it now and in the future. But then my next thought is always: "What other formulas are out there which would be just as useful?"

A favorite saying:

"I worry about all the things I know I don't know,
But what really concerns me are the things I don't know,
And don't even know I don't know them."

Thanks

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I'm a relative newbie so I'm not sure.

It does seem a good idea but any approach would need administration to keep it to only truly useful offerings.

There is a "Hall of Fame Winners" section which is similar in function and intended as "An announce-only forum to spotlight classic message board solutions." ... but it needs administration because when I tried to find ways to list unique/distinct items it sent me to a link which doesn't exist HERE

P.S. I like your handle WeThotUWuzAToad and you should be aware that I is a Toad.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back