Runaway macro

bbower01

I have a macro running that seems to have run away and will not stop without control alt delete. Also ESC or CTRL-BREAK also don't work. IT's so weird. Sometime I will allow it to run over night and the next day it will be done and other times it will still be running. There is no rhyme or reason for this. HELP please.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Welcome to the Board!

It is extremely hard to diagnose what the problem might be without seeing your code (and possibly some sample data).
Note that if your code has some loops that it never exits, you can add a maximum loop counter and have it exit when it hits that number.

Upvote 0
It’s supposed to copy a line and paste it somewhere else when it sees a true. I have the true flash red. I see the true but no copies are pasted.

Upvote 0
Like I said, without seeing the code, it is extremely difficult to help you. Can you please post your code? We may be able to spot some obvious flaws in it.

Upvote 0
Thx. Your response triggered an idea. I figured it out. Under error checking options. Enable iterative calc was set to high. Thx again

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
I am glad you were able to figure it out.

Upvote 0
You can also add a DoEvents line in your loop. That should allow the Control-Break to work for you. Take it out when you're done debugging since it slows down the macro.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amjad24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back