Data Connections and Workbook Links

naveyafluz

I am creating links between 2 excel workbooks. When I open one workbook, there supposed to be a popup message as below for me to decide whether to update or don't update the links from the close workbook:

In Trust Center, already checked "Prompt user about Data Connections" for Security settings for Data Connections, and also checked "Prompt user on automatic update for Workbook Links" for Security settings for Workbook Links; I also ensure the Startup Prompt under Edit Links is set to "Let user choose to display the alert or not", but sadly there is no such popup message at all.

Does anyone has a solution to this? Seems like when I am not able to choose update from the popup message, the open file is not able to refresh automatically from the close workbook. Even if I choose "Don't display the alert and update links", the open workbook does not refreshed too. Only when I open the close workbook, then it will refresh.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back