VBA EMail distribution not working

SupremeDr

Hello,
[FONT=&quot]I've built a program in excel VBA that creates emails and attaches invoices based on a distribution list.
The program creates drafts of the email and saves them for review before we manually send them.
The issue is that every single e-mail came back undeliverable.
This is the e-mail I received
-----
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:00 PM
Subject: Undeliverable: REDACTED
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject: REDACTED
Sent: 8/29/2019 2:00 PM
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
REDACTED@REDACTED.COM on
The recipient has been deleted or has no email address.
-----
I can copy/paste the email addresses in just fine but for some reason this method won't work. When we reviewed the draft everything looked fine I'm very confused. (Note that after the first few emails came back we just replaced the email addresses in the drafts. We didn't create new emails)

Here is the section of code that adds the emails.

Code:
Set Mail = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)
                        Mail.To = wsMLOG.Range("L" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("M" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("N" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("O" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("P" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("Q" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("R" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("S" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("T" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("U" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("V" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("W" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("X" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("Y" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("Z" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("AA" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("AB" & i).Value
                        Mail.Subject = wsMLOG.Range("B" & i).Value & " " & wsMLOG.Range("C" & i).Value
                        Mail.Body = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Text

[/FONT]

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
I have some more information on this.

I changed my code to the following
Code:
mailAddress = wsMLOG.Range("L" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("M" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("N" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("O" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("P" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("Q" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("R" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("S" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("T" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("U" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("V" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("W" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("X" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("Y" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("Z" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("AA" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("AB" & i).Text
                        Mail.To = mailAddress
                        Mail.Subject = wsMLOG.Range("B" & i).Value & " " & wsMLOG.Range("C" & i).Value & " Claims"

I stepped through the code and this is the value
"DeltaDTest001@Google.com;;;;DeltaDTest005@Google.com;;;DeltaDTest003@Google.com;;;;;DeltaDTest002@Google.com;;;DeltaDTest004@Google.com;"

Those emails are valid but it still came back undeliverable.

Upvote 0
I have some more information on this.

I changed my code to the following
Code:
mailAddress = wsMLOG.Range("L" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("M" & i).Value & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("N" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("O" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("P" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("Q" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("R" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("S" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("T" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("U" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("V" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("W" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("X" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("Y" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("Z" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("AA" & i).Text & ";" & wsMLOG.Range("AB" & i).Text
                        Mail.To = mailAddress
                        Mail.Subject = wsMLOG.Range("B" & i).Value & " " & wsMLOG.Range("C" & i).Value & " Claims"

I stepped through the code and this is the value
"DeltaDTest001@Google.com;;;;DeltaDTest005@Google.com;;;DeltaDTest003@Google.com;;;;;DeltaDTest002@Google.com;;;DeltaDTest004@Google.com;"

Those emails are valid but it still came back undeliverable.

10/10 idiot here. Used google.com instead of gmail.com. It works now (I had to change .value to .text)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danni317

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back