Macros not available in Developer-->Macros tab

SBF12345

Greetings,

I got back on my computer after stepping away and my macros are no longer showing up in the Developer-->Macros window. What could have happened?

I visited the options-->trust center-->macro settings but without getting the macros back to visible.
Also, clicked on all the files available under the "macros in:" drop down menu on the Macro window.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
And one last thing, when I open the Visual Basic Editor all of my modules are included in the file on the left side of the screen but if I try to double-click on one of the modules a graphically impaired window opens without any text and the X button to close the partially broken window doesn't work.

Upvote 0
I remember experiencing similar problem in the past. The file is probably corrupt and I couldn't open the modules and recover the macros .

If memory serves me right, I think, instead of double clicking the modules in order to open them, I right-clicked them and chose View Code from the context menu which worked. Then I copied the Macros to a new workbook and got rid of the initial corruped file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks, tried to do this, but wasn't able to view code either, also tried to export module but received an error "module not found".

How does a file become corrupt?

Upvote 0
Another symptom, I am unable to open a new module and write code...it is as if the entire VBE is not allowing code to show or be written.

Upvote 0
Is this happening with only one workbook ? Have you tried Open And Repair ?

Upvote 0
My macros were saved to the personal workbook. I've tried to open the macro window through the personal workbook and another workbook with the personal workbook also open. I am unfamiliar with open and repair. What the the procedure to open and repair?

Upvote 0
I figured it out...bad news...i lost all my macros...good news i regained the functionality of the VBE.

I had somehow saved the personal workbook with the binary extension file format which corrupted the personal workbook. Fortunately I kept a backup of most modules of code!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back