URL in email created by VBA Excel code is not recognised as an active link in O365 Web Outlook

MatthewFace

Hi,

New to this forum as I cannot work out how to solve an issue that I have come across since we migrated our corporate email system from Lotus Notes to Office 365. Mr Excel has helped me a lot, by reviewing other peoples problems and proposed solutions, but I cannot find anthing on my current specific problem.

I have written code that pastes a URL (to a Lotus Notes address) into a text string which is then used to create an email automatically. In the past, with Lotus Notes email, it worked perfectly. Since we migrated to O365, the link is not recognised by the Outlook 365 web interface (the desktop Outlook application does recognise the URL and takes you to the associated address).

When I edit the sent / received email in the desktop app and place the cursor at the end of the link (which is recognised), there is a space before the line return. If I hit 'Enter' and save the edited email and then view it in O365 web email, the link is now recognised.

I have looked at my Excel VBA code and there is no space after the URL when I create the email. I get the URL from an email copied into the clipboard and my code parses the email to extract the URL, which it then inserts into the text used to create the email body before automatically send it.

I think this is a problem with HTML emails, but was wondering if there is anything I can change or add to the URL string when I create the email from Excel, that will allow the URL to be recognised by web Outlook automatically?

I hope I have explained this well enough for you to advise me if there is an easy solution.

Thank You

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hello,

Have you researched (googled) Ron De Bruin. His site may help. You could post your code her too.

Upvote 0
Please can u send me code.i already open mail tab in internet explore.now i have to send mail by vba with attachment. Advanced thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back