Data Validation List (Yes, No, ALL)

tcustance

Hi All,

I am using SUMIFS if the results in my list are met. I have either Y or N. I am wondering if I can add another drop down that would be ALL. I am looking to be able to filter our all the Y, N, or ALL if I want to sum all of the results.

My formula is as follows; the bold is the part where it references the data validation.

=SUMIFS(Queue!$D:$D,Queue!$C:$C,"*-06*",Queue!$H:$H,"="&Q7,Queue!$K:$K,">""",Queue!$G:$G,"="&$D$4,Queue!$F:$F,"="&Calendar!$D$3)

Thanks,
Trent

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I am trying to understand your form, since without data, I can only guess.
If in column H you have values ​​equal to Q7 then it is not necessary to put "="&Q7, only Q7 goes, the same for D4 and D3.
And for column K if it is greater than 0.

Then:

=SUMIFS(Queue!$D1:$D10,Queue!$C1:$C10,"*-06*",Queue!$H1:$H10,Q7,Queue!$K1:$K10,">0",Queue!$G1:$G10,D$4,Queue!$F1:$F10,$D$3)

In the end you need something like this:

=SUM(SUMIFS(Queue!$D1:$D10,Queue!$C1:$C10,"*-06*",Queue!$H1:$H10,Q7,Queue!$K1:$K10,">0",Queue!$G1:$G10,D$4,Queue!$F1:$F10,{"Y","N","ALL"}))

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum.

Dante is correct when he says that you don't need the equal signs, but they don't hurt.

But if you are willing to use Y, N, * as your data validation list, using a * to indicate "ALL", you don't need to change your formula at all. The * acts as a wildcard and will match anything, Y or N.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum.

Dante is correct when he says that you don't need the equal signs, but they don't hurt.

But if you are willing to use Y, N, * as your data validation list, using a * to indicate "ALL", you don't need to change your formula at all. The * acts as a wildcard and will match anything, Y or N.

Awesome! Thank you both. I am wondering if there is a way have the text display "All", while using the *? If not, this gets me where I want it to be at least.

Thanks again
Trent

Upvote 0
Awesome! Thank you both. I am wondering if there is a way have the text display "All", while using the *? If not, this gets me where I want it to be at least.

Thanks again
Trent

In D3 you can put Y, N or All, the formula would change All to *

=SUMIFS(Queue!$D1:$D10,Queue!$C1:$C10,"*-06*",Queue!$H1:$H10,Q7,Queue!$K1:$K10,">0",Queue!$G1:$G10,D$4,Queue!$F1:$F10,LOOKUP(D3,{"All","N","Y"},{"*","N","Y"}))

Upvote 0
If you want to actually use the word "ALL" in your drop-down list, you'll need to change the formula somehow. There are several ways to do that. Dante's suggestion is as good as any of them.

Upvote 0
Another shorter option.

=SUMIFS(Queue!$D1:$D10,Queue!$C1:$C10,"*-06*",Queue!$H1:$H10,Q7,Queue!$K1:$K10,">0",Queue!$G1:$G10,D$4,Queue!$F1:$F10,IF(D3="All","*",D3))

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back