Placing Row Titles in Rows Below

lookout08

Good Afternoon All;

I am running into an issue I can't resolve with a data export. The data exports with what I suppose would be called a "Header" row, with the corresponding data in the rows beneath. There is no certain number of rows beneath, and due to the size of the file I can't do this manually. I am attempting to get all of the relevant data in a single row, but no solutions are coming to me. I have placed a crude example below (first post, still learning the example upload).

Current Situation:

Apples
John Smith / 5 Bushels / 7-5-2016

Needed Situation:

Apples/ John Smith / 5 Bushels / 7-5-2016

Anything you can think of would be a huge help; I've hit a complete wall on this one.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Whilst this is almost certainly do-able, we would need to see some accurate examples of exactly how your data is laid out.

Upvote 0
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWX
1Header Row 1
2Row That Needs Headerxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3Row That Needs Headerxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4Header Row 2
5Row That Needs Headerxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
6Header Row 3
7Row That Needs Headerxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<colgroup><col style="width: 25pxpx"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet1
Example listed above; please let me know if I can provide any additional information. Thank you so much for replying!

Upvote 0
How should that end up looking?

Upvote 0
Ideally the data in Row 1, Column A would be in a cell in rows 2 and 3; the data in Row 4, column A would be in a cell in row 5, and the data in row 6, column A would be in a cell in row 7

Upvote 0
Is column A blank other than the header rows?

Upvote 0
Yes, other than a small descriptor in that row that I will probably just remove using a "Find and Replace", the row is otherwise empty

Upvote 0
Correction: Row 1; column A does have data in the subsequent rows. The Rows with the header are blank, however, with the exception of the piece of data i'm moving.

Upvote 0
So if column A has data, what do you want to do with that?

Upvote 0
I would need that moved to another cell (Maybe push the row one to the left and have the former header in the column A location, if possible)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back