Summing Variable Columns and Rows Using VBA

Shake728

Good afternoon - I am attempting to create a spreadsheet that will have 4 different summation columns to it. The amount of columns between the four main will vary depending on the amount of tabs in the workbook. The four main columns will be summing information from the feeder columns that are fed from the individual tabs in the workbook. For instance, there are Three tabs to the workbook that flow to the summary tab. The information from each tab is gathered to the appropriate columns (12 different columns used for this) and then the information is summed across 4 different times in the main columns labeled "3 months ended", "6 months ended", "9 months ended", and "12 months ended." However, if I add another tab and now have four tabs, I need the summation to still be in the main four columns and include the additional tab as four new columns. So, it should be something like this (f = feeder column; M = main column)

Original:
f f f M f f f M f f f M f f f M

Updated with additional column:
f f f f M f f f f M f f f f M f f f f M

I apologize if this is confusing, I am brand new to VBA but I think it is the only way to do what I need the spreadsheet to do.

Thank you so much!!!!

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrPJ_Harper

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back