Thread: 2 Workbooks, Workbooks.Worksheets.DataBodyRange(col,row) = Value Pastes to Wrong Workbook
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2 Workbooks, Workbooks.Worksheets.DataBodyRange(col,row) = Value Pastes to Wrong Workbook

Hey!

Goal:
    I have two workbooks open, the code sends information from one workbook to the other.

Code:
    Dim tbSendTo As ListObject
    Set tbSendTo = Workbooks(wbName_SendTo).Worksheets(wsName_SendTo).ListObjects(tbName_SendTo)

tbSendTo.DataBodyRange(Row, colInput) = returnValue
    Problem:
    The code is pasting into the wrong workbook. Despite tbSendTo referencing the correct workbook, my code is pasting back into my tbObtainFrom workbook.

Is there a way to use the DataBodyRange qualifier while keeping the reference to the proper workbook?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Marmit424; Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2 Workbooks, Workbooks.Worksheets.DataBodyRange(col,row) = Value Pastes to Wrong Workbook

Turned out it was an ID-10-T error.

Just put the wrong listobject reference identifier when I was refactoring my code.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Marmit424 View Post
    Hey!

Goal:
    I have two workbooks open, the code sends information from one workbook to the other.

Code:
    Dim tbSendTo As ListObject
    Set tbSendTo = Workbooks(wbName_SendTo).Worksheets(wsName_SendTo).ListObjects(tbName_SendTo)

tbSendTo.DataBodyRange(Row, colInput) = returnValue
    Problem:
    The code is pasting into the wrong workbook. Despite tbSendTo referencing the correct workbook, my code is pasting back into my tbObtainFrom workbook.

Is there a way to use the DataBodyRange qualifier while keeping the reference to the proper workbook?

Thanks!!

Some videos you may like

User Tag List