Custom Auto Filter

rush182

Hello Friends

Can anyone tell me if it is possible, and how to enter multiple logic in the custom auto filter ?

For example, for a data set, I would like to filter between 7 AND 8, 8 AND 9 , 9 AND 10...and so on.

Cheers

Rush

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Welcome to the forum!

idk what you mean by between. You mean some column with values >7 and < 8? That would be two criterion which is maximum for one field/column. If you want more, autofilter is not the right tool.

Upvote 0
You can add a new column and set it to 1 if it meets all criteria and 0 if it doesn't.
Then filter on the new column.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum!

idk what you mean by between. You mean some column with values >7 and < 8? That would be two criterion which is maximum for one field/column. If you want more, auto filter is not the right tool.

Thank You Kenneth ! :)

I have a call center data set for a month with columns stating the time a call is made. I am trying to automate and isolate the data by how many calls are made between 1m to 8am, and then 8 am and 9 am, and so on. You are right, I am looking for multiple criterion, which tool will be best for this scenario ?

Thanks

Rush

Upvote 0
You can use formulas to get counts if that is your goal.

If you want to just look/filter by a time period, the autofilter method for one period will suffice.

Or, you can do both. IF you wanted multiple intervals filtered at once, toadstool's helper column method will be needed for autofilter or a criterion table for the advanced filter method to filter-in-place.

If filter is needed for each time period, a macro for each interval period would do it quickly. Of course adding the criterion manually is easy but not as-fast-as a macro.

Another option might be to use conditional formats. That would show the time periods but it will not be continuous. It might give you a good feel for the data. A sort might be a good way to visualize the data when combined with conditional formats.

Once you decide on the goal(s), you can post a link to a shared site like dropbox. The simple file would have obfuscated data if needed. The file might make helping you easier and more tailored to your data.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perfect, I think the helper columns what I am looking for. Thank you so much for your help. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxgirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back