Excel Recording a macro

BobbyMaynard

Ok guys i know the short cut for starting and stopping a recording macro is Alt+T+M+R. My problem is im wanting a macro that will insert a new Row in my table, in form view. (Select anywhere on the table, click on insert at the top ribbon, then click on "Form" on the top right ribbion, then click on "NEW". That is where i need the recording to stop. At that point the shortcut for stopping the recording does not work. I know where there is a will there is away. Im guessing this will have to be hard coded in VBA but i have no idea how to do that. Can someone please help me?

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Once the Form is loaded you cannot stop the macro and I don't think the recorder can "see" what you do in the form anyway.

Upvote 0
Ok, i do have another idea. I can do a macro to insert new row at bottom of table, then fill in the information on the table view instead of form view. But that brings another question to mind. As this worksheet grows, how do i make it always go to the bottom row instead of Say row 123 at the time the macro was recorded? Thank you for your patience as i am just learning the more advanced features of excel. I will try to find a website to host my screen shot so i can attach it to this thread. Or is there away to upload an image here?

Upvote 0
Depends on what you are trying to do, but if you are using the in-built form it will automatically add the new row at the bottom of the table, so no need for a macro.

Upvote 0
If you can PM me your email address I will send you a screen shot of what im doing. I think once you see it, it will make more sense

Upvote 0
Firstly, I have no intention of giving my email address to a complete stranger.
Secondly, all communication must remain on the board as per forum rules.

If you want to supply an image you will need to upload it to a website & post the link here.
But if you want help you would be better explaining what you are trying to do.
In you op you said you were using the in-built data form, but then seemingly totally ignored what I said in post#4.

Upvote 0
wow.... forget i asked... in fact if all MODerators are that arrogant then I do not want your help. All you had to say was it was against website rules or what ever.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry if you think that what I posted was rude or arrogant, it certainly wasn't meant that way and I apologise for any offence taken.

I am more than happy to help, but I will require more information about what you are trying to do.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back