abdelfattah

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
hi, expert
i have userform connect with sheet i would show the next number in textbox3
the textbox3 connected with range in my sheet f9 i know this code range("f9").value=range("f9").value+1
but my numbering is coplicated contains letters and numbers and symbols here my numbring is bsjd-001
i hope help me

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hello. If your numbering always ends with the number you want to add to, then this will do it. Replace the bsjd- with another text if necessary.
Code:
Dim Prefixtext As String
Prefixtext = "bsjd-"
Range("f9").Value = Prefixtext + Format(Mid(Range("F9").Value, Len(Prefixtext) + 1) + 1, "000")
This will always add 1 to the number at the end and keep it as 3 digits (i.e. 002,003 etc) (and when it gets to 999 it will carry on with 1000, 1001, etc.. If there may be text after the number, then a more complicated solution is needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello. If your numbering always ends with the number you want to add to, then this will do it. Replace the bsjd- with another text if necessary.
Code:
Dim Prefixtext As String
Prefixtext = "bsjd-"
Range("f9").Value = Prefixtext + Format(Mid(Range("F9").Value, Len(Prefixtext) + 1) + 1, "000")
This will always add 1 to the number at the end and keep it as 3 digits (i.e. 002,003 etc) (and when it gets to 999 it will carry on with 1000, 1001, etc.. If there may be text after the number, then a more complicated solution is needed.

thanks so much the code is worked but i would show the next number in textbox3 in userform directly when i run userform

Upvote 0
Hi,
You use the Range.NumberFormat property to do what you want

Code:
With Range("B9")
        .NumberFormat = """bsjd-""000"
        .Value = .Value + 1
    End With

Although you will see your text prefix in the cell, it's underlying value is just a number which you can increment in manner required

Note: ensure when you first run the code that you only have a number (no prefix) in the cell. Code will add this for you.

Dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
You use the Range.NumberFormat property to do what you want

Code:
With Range("B9")
        .Value = .Value + 1
    End With

Although you will see your text prefix in the cell, it's underlying value is just a number which you can increment in manner required

Note: ensure when you first run the code that you only have a number (no prefix) in the cell. Code will add this for you.

Dave

thanks for your replying but your code give me error run time13
the error line is: .Value = .Value + 1

Upvote 0
thanks for your replying but your code give me error run time13
the error line is: .Value = .Value + 1

Did you follow the note I added when first using the code?

Note: ensure when you first run the code ensure that you only have a number (no prefix) in the cell. Code will add this for you.

Dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you follow the note I added when first using the code?

Dave

sorry i don't follow your note now the code works perfectly but there is one thing i would show the next number in texrbox3 in userform when i run userform directly

Upvote 0
abdel. Where are you putting the code we have provided (either solution works, mine fills the f9 cell with the full text, Dave's with just the number? You would need to refresh the data in the userform itself once the field has been updated.

Upvote 0
sorry i don't follow your note now the code works perfectly but there is one thing i would show the next number in texrbox3 in userform when i run userform directly

Something like following maybe:

Rich (BB code):
  With Range("B9")
        .Value = .Value + 1
        Me.TextBox3.Text = .Text
    End With

Dave

Upvote 0
abdel. Where are you putting the code we have provided (either solution works, mine fills the f9 cell with the full text, Dave's with just the number? You would need to refresh the data in the userform itself once the field has been updated.

i put the code in
Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
TextBox3.Text = Range("F9").Value

end sub

then show me the numbering invoice is 2 not
bsjd-002
is there any way to sole this problem

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaRino

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back