Macro to copy cell from one row to another, and then build off of

lordrummxx1

AB

<tbody>
</tbody>

I'm trying to get a button to automatically copy the formulas and formatting of the Cells in Column A, to column B and then be able to press again to create a column C. I don't want the numbers in the cells to be copied, just the formulas and formatting.

EDIT:
Maybe its easier to explain this way. I can easily record a Macro copying the rows in column A into column B, but my problem comes if i want to build off that can have the macro create a column C off of column B and so on. I'm trying to track quarterly data and want to create a macro that, when pressed, will create a new column were new data can be entered, without having to manually drag over the previous column forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Try this:

Assuming that every copy should happen the same way and do the same things, use the Macro Recorder to do everything that you need to do to copy over one column to the next.
Then, if you need help making it "dynamic", post your code here, and we can help you replace all the "literal" column references with dynamic ones.

One thing we would need from you is how would you like to determine which column needs to be copied over.
Can it be determined by looking at something on the current sheet, or is it something that will need to be promoted in the VBA code?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back