Chart set up

Spasmodic

Board Regular
Hello all,

I was wondering if yall could help me with a chart organization problem that I have been having. I am not sure if it is better to set it up my charts as a pivot table or to use an original bar chart.

On sheet one, I have in column A = names of employees, column B = Week of (Date), column C = Seasonal year (example would be Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer), column D = Computers, column E = laptops, column F = TV's, column G = G shock watches, column F = apple watches, column G = total items sold (sum of all items). And then in the rows would be the name of the employee along with the week and the amount of items that they sold that week. For example row 2 would say Ben, week of 9/9/2019, Summer, 10 (number of computers sold), etc.

In one chart I want to just track column G, the total items sold. As of right now, I have this as a pivot chart and have no problem making this. In fact I like the pivot chart as I can add slicers and a timeline which is very important as it allows me to not only filter by name but also by the Season and week of (via year).

Where I am running into issues is creating a chart that allows me to search by specific item sold while being able to filter by season and having all the names on one chart. For example on one chart I want to look at ally my employees and specifically the computers sold during the summer. Is there a way to easily change the variables that I'm looking at though? For example, if I wanted to switch to the winter or spring or TV's, watches? Is it possible to do it via a slicer or would a drop down be better? Any help would be appreciated as I've been spending the last few days working on this and it feels like I am just scrambling my brain redoing the same thing. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back