Gantt Chart Project Job board

jonespandrew

Hi all

I am trying to create a spread sheet version of a project/ job board our job board look like this.

Month: September

Week Commencing Date:

Engineer List/Assigned toEngineer List/Assigned toMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
AndyJohn
C:\Users\AndrewJ\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png
Tesco

<tbody>
</tbody>

Week Commencing Date

Engineer List Assigned toEngineer List Assigned toMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday

<tbody>
</tbody>

We currently under the Days of the Week we write in the job name list the engineers who are assigned to it and draw an arrow through the days the engineers are there. Sometime there are 4 jobs to one day. With different engineers assigned. I like the idea of a Gnat chart instead which I have had a go at doing in the attached.

However how I want it to work is as follows under the assigned to box I want them to glow to indicate that they are selection boxes in order to choose the engineer . Then in the when a start date is entered and end date entered based on the engineers selection i want the day of the week to highlight for that particular group of engineers so each engineer will have their own color the sections will highlight to combine both colours. Auto gnat chart. I will then have a separate section underneath to the engineers however if Sick or Holiday is selected for the engineer you will not be able to select the engineer in the assigned to fields.

Can someone help with this.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back