How to get the date to mean something else?

jneiderman82

Good morning all,

I was curious if someone could lead me in the right direction? I was given the task by my manager to put together a spreadsheet that tallies up the amount of time someone spent in a certain classroom. They want the amount of time, 2 or 4 to be color coded but they do not want the numbers 2 or 4 to appear in the cell. Instead, they would like the date to appear as 9/12, no need for the year.

The tricky part is that the formula I am using is adding up all the seat time so 2 and 4 work perfectly and the dates would just throw off my formula. Any ideas?

To be honest too, I used Google Sheets and now my formula for a drop down option isn't listed but appears in Excel once you type in "2 or 4"

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Welcome to the Board!

I do not know about anybody else, but I am thoroughly confused by your question. I think it would be very helpful if we could see some detail, such as a sample of the data you are working with, and what your current formula is.

There are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
There is also a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

To be honest too, I used Google Sheets and now my formula for a drop down option isn't listed but appears in Excel once you type in "2 or 4"
One last question: Are you trying to do this in Google Sheets or Excel?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back