specific cell reference with Structured Reference?

LlebKcir

Board Regular
if I use the following code I end up with what ever row the formula is in from the correct table, i want to specify the row #

Code:
=tTable1[@Group]

That works fine if I do not want to manipulate, or populate that data in a different order.

that formula will use the row # the formula is in and pull from the same row number as the table + column.

If the formula resides on row 25 on a different worksheet, i can ONLY have the value from row 25 of table + column. That is not what I want. I might need the data from table + column in row 25 to display on row 10 on some other worksheet.

How can I do that? edit to add: Without using standard reference. My columns are known to change location (order if you will) so I do not want to use normal identifiers for the formulas/linking of data.

Last edited:
That is why I started small. I understand the basics of formula linking of data, now it is time to learn how to pull data out of a table in workbook1 and use that data in workbook2.

Simple formula linking will not suffices for that. This will require vb scripting to solve. the looping, placements, etc... over time I will figure out.

How to pull data from a table on workbook1 using variables (i, x, e, something) for the row value while using column headers in the ListObjects.() the placement of that data I think I can do something much like I already am doing with the code linked earlier.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back