Help with IF Formula

dlealb

Hi All,

Noob here :)

Need help with IF function.

I have Data from Cell A2 - K2
Cell's B2 to K2 displayes "Yes" or "No" it compares previous week roster to current week roster

I wan't to display Data in A2 using IF if there was changes from previous week to current week.

I was thinking of using =If(B2=C2,"Yes","No"), ---> then continue until i reach to k2 but sadly i can't do it that way

Ultimately just want i wan to display either Yes or No in A2 if there was changes made from previous week to current week's roster

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
So you want to know if there is a cell value of 'yes' anywhere in B2:K2? Is that right?

Upvote 0
So you want to know if there is a cell value of 'yes' anywhere in B2:K2? Is that right?

Well there is already a value of "Yes" & "No" in cells B2:K2
I just want to formulate in A2 to display a Yes or No if there was Change in made so in any cells from B2:K2 displayes a "No" and the rest says no changes (In this case it would be Yes) in Cell A2 it would display Yes or No or Fales or True since it has a header of Changed True/False ?

Upvote 0
Sorry thats not clear at all. Read that back to yourself and remember i cant see your worksheet.

Upvote 0
Sorry thats not clear at all. Read that back to yourself and remember i cant see your worksheet.

Well there is already a value of "Yes" & "No" in cells B2 to K2 the cells B2 to K2 compares our departments rosters from last week to next week. Supervisors sent their roster changes for next week in preparation for the upcoming week
I just want to formulate in A2 to display a Yes or No to identify if there was a change from previous roster vs the next weeks roster, cause in column A it has a header of Changed

I initially played with it and i end up with this :(

=IF(AND(Q3=R3=S3=T3=U3=V3=W3=X3=Y3=Z3),"False","True")

Basically Q3 to Z3 has "Yes" & "No"
Just wan to display a Yes or No as well in Cell P3 if it changed if one of this Cell has a No then it would display a Yes else No

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi All,

Noob here :)

Need help with IF function.

I have Data from Cell A2 - K2
Cell's B2 to K2 displayes "Yes" or "No" it compares previous week roster to current week roster

I wan't to display Data in A2 using IF if there was changes from previous week to current week.

I was thinking of using =If(B2=C2,"Yes","No"), ---> then continue until i reach to k2 but sadly i can't do it that way

Ultimately just want i wan to display either Yes or No in A2 if there was changes made from previous week to current week's roster

Please Close this thread..

I figured out how to identify if there was a changed made. Just counted the "NO" and if ever it has a No it would display False if there was no change.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back