Adjust page breaks on multiple Sheets Excel 2013

djshakes

Seems our engineering friends at Microsoft are at it again. They love breaking things that work perfectly. I have a workbook with about 70 identical sheets. I wanted to print the same rows on each sheet. Well in the 2013 version you can no longer set the print area on multiple sheets. Fine, I just deleted the rows I didn't need. I then found out each worksheet has multiple page breaks that don't clear even when trying to adjust in a single workbook via the Breaks>remove page breaks. You must manual click and drag the breaks to get them to clear. The issue is you can't click and drag page breaks in multiple worksheets.

Does anyone know how to:
A: Set a print area for multiple sheets including setting the print titles
or
B: Remove page breaks on multiple worksheets at once.

This what happens when you have a monopoly on a product. It continues to get worse and worse.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I think I have found a partial work around. If I highlight multiple sheets and adjust the width and height to 1 page it removes the multiple page breaks. However, page one is still 225 rows tall. I am still unable to pull the page break up to row 21 on multiple sheet (ridiculous). Is there any way to adjust all the page breaks to end at row 21 without manually dragging the page break up on 70 different worksheets? There is no data in the rows after 21. I even cleared the contents to see if that was the issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I figured it out somehow. Stumbled through. Saved it as a non-macro book, had to make changes (deleting rows, etc) but it still wouldn't simple allow me to adjust the page break, save, select non-compatibility, re-open, appears to have adjusted. Makes no sense and I hope I never have to do it again. Excel really needs some competition. There has to be a better product. It gets worse and worse each revision. My co-worker and I swear there is a room full of engineers that has a large white board and they sit around and and try to figure out ways to break things or make them worse.

Engineer #1 : "I know, let's change the pivot table feature and appearance from the classic view to this crap view no one will use. On top of that, make it so it is near impossible to copy paste values and formats when you want to kill the pivot. We'll allow them to keep the values but the formatting will be gone. We'll create a work around with a lot more steps and it will only work sometimes depending on the size. Hahah. That'll get them!"

Room of engineers laugh as it is added to the board. More ridiculous changes are suggested while engineer #21 sits quietly in the back of the room. After all the suggestions and the board fills up engineer #21 raises his hands.

Engineer #21 : "I have something that will trump everything. Enable editing"

White board employee: "What do you mean....enable editing?"

Engineer #21 " "We require them to push a button if they wish to do anything in the workbook"

All the engineers eyes grow wide....silence fills the room.

White board employee: "Ummm.....folks.....I think we have a winner"

This has to be how Microsoft operates. Google or someone....please create another product to compete!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back