rbriceno

Hello dear members of the forum. I'm trying to design a formula that allow me to simplify some calculations. I have 35 columns of data.

In cell B90 I should execute this formula:
=sum(C44:C78)/sum(B44:B78)
In cell C90 the following:
=sum(D44:D77)/sum(C44:C77)

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

As it can be observed the range is reduced by 1, each time I change column. What I did was to include a row with produces the number associated to the row on each formula: so I have the 78, 77 and so on.
I also included a formula in another row whose output is the letter of the column (B, C, etc.)

What I would like to have is another formula that allow me to bind those previous results, producing automatically the formulas I need for each column, so I don't have the edit the range of the sum if I copy the traditional sum formulas.

I can send an example if somebody need it in orden to understand better.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hello,

In cell B90 ... you could test

Code:
=SUM(INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(1,COLUMN()+1,4),1,"")&"44"):INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(1,COLUMN()+1,4),1,"")&(80-COLUMN())))/SUM(INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(1,COLUMN(),4),1,"")&"44"):INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(1,COLUMN(),4),1,"")&(80-COLUMN())))

and then copy the formula

Hope this will help

Upvote 0
Hi

Try in B90 :-
Code:
[FONT=Verdana]=SUM(OFFSET(C$44,,,35-(COLUMNS($B90:B90)-1),1))/SUM(OFFSET(B$44,,,35-(COLUMNS($B90:B90)-1),1))[/FONT]

and drag across.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You could also avoid the volatile functions like OFFSET & INDIRECT with this formula in B90, copied across.

Code:
=SUM(C44:INDEX(C44:C78,36-COLUMNS($B:B)))/SUM(B44:INDEX(B44:B78,36-COLUMNS($B:B)))

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back