Linking two worksheets in word

imback2nite

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
This is probably an easy one but, I have two excel 2003 worksheets in a single Microsoft Word doc.. Is there a way I can link them? Or at least a sum on one page to another?
What I have is a long spreadsheet that I wish I could fit on one sheet but it is way to long. I had to put the information in two sheets. What I would like to do is as add the sum on page one and add it to page two for a final sum. For instance one page one of the word doc I have a sum.
=SUM(E2:E6)
On page two of the word doc I have
=SUM(E2:E13)
Can I name the ranges in either of the worksheets to reference them in a formula or...I don't know. Thank you so much for any help!

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
This link may help you:
https://www.cnet.com/news/your-options-for-placing-excel-data-in-word/

Copy the worksheet data as described above, and then click inside the target Word document where you want the worksheet to appear. Choose Edit > Paste Special in Word 2003, or click Paste > Paste Special under the Home tab in Word 2007. In both versions, click the Paste link button, choose Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object, and click OK. Whenever you change the worksheet in Excel, you can have the modifications added to the Word version by selecting the worksheet in the Word document (after you've saved the Excel version), and pressing F9.

Cheers
Sergio

Upvote 0
Thank you! I did do some research and the way your suggesting is the best way to accomplish what I'm trying to do. Unfortunately the document won't stay on my computer. From what I understand when the Word doc is moved, the link is terminated. I guess what I'll have to do is recreate the whole document in Excel. I actually think it will be easier that way. As they say, Word was invented for the few things Excel can't do. I just haven't discovered what they are! Thank you for answering!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back