Can pivot tables in worksheet be shared in another excel workbook and changes dynamically?

Sf1802

Hello all, I have a workbook with about 10 worksheets. One of the worksheets contains pivot tables and slicers. I would like to check if it is possible share/extract this worksheet with pivot tables on another excel workbook, and that changes will be updated dynamically. Reason being I would like to share this worksheet with some other users and I do not want them to get access to the other tabs within the original excel workbook. I have thought of hiding the tabs , but Administrators have to constantly update the data in the original excel workbook, hence it is not very convenient for the Administrators to unhide the tabs every time they want to update.
Also, I read up some articles they said that the dynamics 365 is a possible solution but my office does not have this function and our office laptop does not have internet access.
Hence, looking for a workaround. Appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Use a Query to link the data and have the single Pivot Table in that.

Upvote 0
Thank you! I have managed created another workbook to link the pivot tables to the original data file. Also ensure that the file directory for the data source doesn’t change.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back