How to analyse correlations?

sonic99

Price change % is my column of interest. I would like to measure whether or not there are correlations between Price change % and any of the other columns. What visualisations would be best for this?
What I've tried so far is creating pivot tables and grouping by Production year, Category, Margin % and Category 2 and sorting by Price change %. I've then attempted a scatter graph by displaying the Production year on the x axis and Margin% on the y axis. Does this make any sense? Or must I have the Price change % as one of the axis? Also, I haven't been able to introduce attentional measures to the scatter graph. Would it be beneficial to do so to measure the correlation when multiple groups are combined. Eg a certain combination of Category 2 + Production year.
What MS visualisations or other tools in Excel would you recommend for me to use in order to assess correlations?

MtM2H.png

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Did you find a good solution here? I'm having the same problem right now.

It is better to start your own discussion, including details that are specific to your problem. (Use the new XL2BB add-in instead of screenshots.)

I'll bet your problem is not exactly the same as sonic99's (i.e. same example), unless this is a class assignment.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fyfe54

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back