Find 'unsupported features" and "unsupported links"

drsgizmo

I have a large-ish .xlsx file that I keep live on sharepoint for multiple users to view/edit and it suddenly is saying that it has 'Unsupported Features' and external links. I've searched the whole workbook for external links and I have not found references to an external workbook in any cell. I also have no idea what the 'Unsupported Feature' is that is not allowing the file to be edited in the browser version of excel. Because of the particular use case of the file, this is a problem. Is there any way to find out where it is seeing links and what the unsupported features are?

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I've seen that documentation and it doesn't help me. My file doesn't have XML maps and making everyone open the file in the application isn't a good solution in my scenario.

Upvote 0
Did you follow the link at the top of that site entitled "Differences between using a workbook in the browser and in Excel"?

Upvote 0
I did, I'm not finding anything that applies to my workbook. The only features that it lists as preventing a workbook from being opened in the browser is XML maps and Controls. I know that, for example, a watch window will prevent a workbook from being opened online. In my case, as described in the first page of documentation, the sheet opens in the browser but is read only.

Upvote 0
In that case I can only suggest you open the file in Xl app to try & find what is causing the problem. You can then remove the problem & it should then work for everyone.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back