Separate Dates With Blank, Unformatted Row

Justinian

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have attached links to two spreadsheets: "Before" and "After." Here is what I am trying to do to "Before" so it ends up looking like "After."

Separate dates as follows: if today is 9/16/19, I need the spreadsheet to only show 9/16, 9/17, and 9/18, removing all other rows of data and separating the three dates with a blank, unformatted row. When I run this report tomorrow (9/17/19), I need 9/17, 9/18, and 9/19 to be the only dates on the report.

How can I accomplish this?

Before
https://app.box.com/s/y9ek52d9dy9tmab2ny2pydo9n87jd6ye

After
https://app.box.com/s/menggrkiitjklwlniyhplvck4gbyl3jv

Never mind, I got it working now. Thw auto filter was throwing off my data import.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
You're welcome, glad to help, & thanks for the feedback.:)

Upvote 0
I spoke too soon. When I run this report today, I should get results for 9/19, 9/20, and 9/22 but instead, I only get result for 9/19 and 9/20:

https://app.box.com/s/64rd7i85omis3v1hcsp9impr2dkothi2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I spoke too soon. When I run this report today, I should get results for 9/19, 9/20, and 9/22 but instead, I only get result for 9/19 and 9/20:
So if there's no 9/21 then you want to pick 9/22?

if today is 9/16/19, I need the spreadsheet to only show 9/16, 9/17, and 9/18,

In your criteria (in post 1) you didn't mention if there's empty date in the 3 dates then we should pick any following date, is that what you want?

Upvote 0
Sorry if I was unclear in my first post. The code should always yield today and the next two days (3 days total), whether they are weekends or not.

Yes, if there is no 9/21, it should jump to the next date in the data set.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, try this:
The data must be sorted ascending by col E when you run the code.
Code:
[FONT=lucida console][COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR] Clip_Data1()

[I][COLOR=seagreen]'https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1109941-separate-dates-blank-unformatted-row.html[/COLOR][/I]

[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] i [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] c [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] Range, d [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] Range, e [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] Range
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] x [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]String[/COLOR]

x = Range([COLOR=brown]"E2"[/COLOR]).NumberFormat
[COLOR=Royalblue]Set[/COLOR] c = Range([COLOR=brown]"E:E"[/COLOR]).Find(What:=Format([COLOR=Royalblue]Date[/COLOR], x), LookIn:=xlValues, lookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, MatchCase:=[COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR], SearchFormat:=[COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR])

[COLOR=Royalblue]Set[/COLOR] d = Range([COLOR=brown]"E:E"[/COLOR]).Find(What:=Format(c.Offset([COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]), x), LookIn:=xlValues, lookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, MatchCase:=[COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR], SearchFormat:=[COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR])

[COLOR=Royalblue]Set[/COLOR] e = Range([COLOR=brown]"E:E"[/COLOR]).Find(What:=Format(d.Offset([COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]), x), LookIn:=xlValues, lookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _

ary = Array(Format(c, x), Format(d, x), Format(e, x))
[COLOR=Royalblue]Set[/COLOR] c = Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR]).CurrentRegion
c.AutoFilter Field:=[COLOR=crimson]5[/COLOR], Criteria1:=ary, [COLOR=Royalblue]Operator[/COLOR]:=xlFilterValues

Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]With[/COLOR] Sheets([COLOR=brown]"Sheet1"[/COLOR])
        .Cells.Clear
        c.Copy
        [COLOR=Royalblue]With[/COLOR] .Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR])
            .PasteSpecial xlPasteColumnWidths
            .PasteSpecial xlPasteAll, , [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR], [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]
            .PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats, , [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR], [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]With[/COLOR]
        Application.CutCopyMode = [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]

.Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR]).CurrentRegion.Sort Key1:=.[E1], Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes

[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] i = UBound(ary) - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] LBound(ary) [COLOR=Royalblue]Step[/COLOR] -[COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=Royalblue]Set[/COLOR] c = .Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR]).CurrentRegion.Offset([COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).Columns([COLOR=brown]"E"[/COLOR]).Find(What:=ary(i), LookIn:=xlValues, lookAt:=xlWhole, _
            SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, MatchCase:=[COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR], SearchFormat:=[COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR])
            [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Not[/COLOR] c [COLOR=Royalblue]Is[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Nothing[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR]
            c.Offset([COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).EntireRow.Insert xlShiftDown
            c.Offset([COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).EntireRow.ClearFormats
            [COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Royalblue]Next[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]With[/COLOR]
    Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=Royalblue]True[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR][/FONT]

Upvote 0
Sorry to bother you again but today, my boss decided to change this report. I have attached the report I ran this morning without applying any filters or formatting. How can I write code so that all building numbers that begin with 32 or below are removed, leaving only buildings that begin with 33 through 50?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://app.box.com/s/a84of5ystvben5lnnpvunykhb1zcyh26

[/FONT]

Upvote 0
I can't download the file.
"This shared file or folder link has been removed or is unavailable to you."

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back