Separate Dates With Blank, Unformatted Row

Justinian

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have attached links to two spreadsheets: "Before" and "After." Here is what I am trying to do to "Before" so it ends up looking like "After."

Separate dates as follows: if today is 9/16/19, I need the spreadsheet to only show 9/16, 9/17, and 9/18, removing all other rows of data and separating the three dates with a blank, unformatted row. When I run this report tomorrow (9/17/19), I need 9/17, 9/18, and 9/19 to be the only dates on the report.

How can I accomplish this?

Before
https://app.box.com/s/y9ek52d9dy9tmab2ny2pydo9n87jd6ye

After
https://app.box.com/s/menggrkiitjklwlniyhplvck4gbyl3jv

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Try this:
I put the result in sheet1.

Code:
[FONT=lucida console][COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR] a1109941a()
[I][COLOR=seagreen]'https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1109941-separate-dates-blank-unformatted-row.html[/COLOR][/I]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] i [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] c [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] Range
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] x [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]String[/COLOR]

x = Range([COLOR=brown]"E2"[/COLOR]).NumberFormat
ary = Array(Format([COLOR=Royalblue]Date[/COLOR], x), Format([COLOR=Royalblue]Date[/COLOR] + [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR], x), Format([COLOR=Royalblue]Date[/COLOR] + [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR], x))
[COLOR=Royalblue]Set[/COLOR] c = Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR]).CurrentRegion
c.AutoFilter Field:=[COLOR=crimson]5[/COLOR], Criteria1:=ary, [COLOR=Royalblue]Operator[/COLOR]:=xlFilterValues

[COLOR=Royalblue]With[/COLOR] Sheets([COLOR=brown]"Sheet1"[/COLOR])
        .Cells.Clear
        c.Copy .Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR])
        .Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR]).CurrentRegion.Sort Key1:=.[E1], Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes

[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] i = UBound(ary) - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] LBound(ary) [COLOR=Royalblue]Step[/COLOR] -[COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=Royalblue]Set[/COLOR] c = .Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR]).CurrentRegion.Offset([COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).Columns([COLOR=brown]"E"[/COLOR]).Find(What:=ary(i), LookIn:=xlValues, lookAt:=xlWhole, _
            SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, MatchCase:=[COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR], SearchFormat:=[COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR])
            [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Not[/COLOR] c [COLOR=Royalblue]Is[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Nothing[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR] c.Offset([COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).EntireRow.Insert xlShiftDown

[COLOR=Royalblue]Next[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]With[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR][/FONT]

Upvote 0
Thank you for responding.

I get an error "Can't execute code in break mode" and the code that does run does not separate dates with a blank, unformatted row. I would like the result to remain on the same tab, not create a second tab because it would be unformatted data.

Upvote 0
Are you saying the code doesn't work on your sample file or on your actual data?

Upvote 0
I installed your code on the file below, named "Today" and when I run the macro, I get a run-time error '9': subscript out of range.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://app.box.com/s/64rd7i85omis3v1hcsp9impr2dkothi2

[/FONT]

Upvote 0
No, that is not working either because I am getting a run-time error '1004':

AutoFilter method of Range class failed
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]c.AutoFilter Field:=5, Criteria1:=ary, Operator:=xlFilterValues[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Hm, I'm not sure why, because it works for me as you can see with the result in sheet1.:confused:

Sheet "Make Ready Board" must be the active sheet when you run the code!

Upvote 0
I copied your code and installed into my spreadsheet but it is not working (same run-time error).

Upvote 0
Hm, let's try this one:

Code:
[FONT=lucida console][COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR] a1109941a()
[I][COLOR=seagreen]'https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1109941-separate-dates-blank-unformatted-row.html[/COLOR][/I]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] i [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] c [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] Range
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] x [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]String[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Royalblue]With[/COLOR] Sheets([COLOR=brown]"Make Ready Board"[/COLOR])
    .Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR]).AutoFilter
    x = .Range([COLOR=brown]"E2"[/COLOR]).NumberFormat
    ary = Array(Format([COLOR=Royalblue]Date[/COLOR], x), Format([COLOR=Royalblue]Date[/COLOR] + [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR], x), Format([COLOR=Royalblue]Date[/COLOR] + [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR], x))
    [COLOR=Royalblue]Set[/COLOR] c = .Range([COLOR=brown]"A1:F"[/COLOR] & .Cells(Rows.Count, [COLOR=brown]"A"[/COLOR]).[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR](xlUp).Row)
    c.AutoFilter Field:=[COLOR=crimson]5[/COLOR], Criteria1:=ary, [COLOR=Royalblue]Operator[/COLOR]:=xlFilterValues

Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]With[/COLOR] Sheets([COLOR=brown]"Sheet1"[/COLOR])
        .Cells.Clear
        c.Copy
        [COLOR=Royalblue]With[/COLOR] .Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR])
            .PasteSpecial xlPasteColumnWidths
            .PasteSpecial xlPasteAll, , [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR], [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]
            .PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats, , [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR], [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]
        Application.CutCopyMode = [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]

.Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR]).CurrentRegion.Sort Key1:=.[E1], Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes

[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] i = UBound(ary) - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] LBound(ary) [COLOR=Royalblue]Step[/COLOR] -[COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
            [COLOR=Royalblue]Set[/COLOR] c = .Range([COLOR=brown]"A1"[/COLOR]).CurrentRegion.Offset([COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).Columns([COLOR=brown]"E"[/COLOR]).Find(What:=ary(i), LookIn:=xlValues, lookAt:=xlWhole, _
            SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, MatchCase:=[COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR], SearchFormat:=[COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR])
            [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Not[/COLOR] c [COLOR=Royalblue]Is[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Nothing[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR]
            c.Offset([COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).EntireRow.Insert xlShiftDown
            c.Offset([COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).EntireRow.ClearFormats
            [COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Royalblue]Next[/COLOR]
Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=Royalblue]True[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR][/FONT]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kus9wg3miz6lri/Today 2.xlsm?dl=0

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back