Watermark in Excel?

Tsi2quick

Is there a way to add a watermark to an excel sheet? I know you can in Word but cant think of a way to do it in excel. The problem is that we have vendors who dont know the difference between an example template and the real deal so I need to figure out a way to get something in there that looks nice and professional. Thanks in advance for any help!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
You can use Word Art on the Drawing Toolbar from within Excel. Select the first type of Word Art, then select your font & size, etc. After it's on your worksheet, format the Word Art (you can right-click, or click on the WordArt toolbar)...on the Colors and Lines tab, choose No Line under lines, select a color, and check the semitransparent box.

Hope this helps,

Russell

Upvote 0
I cant get the No Line under lines in the Word Art format box to be available. I can do the semi-transparent check box but everything else on that dialog box is shaded and unable to be clicked on. I am probably doing something wrong! haha Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi --

Just a line of thought why not design a COOL image / watermark and save it as JPG file and then add background, that wll do it im sure..

I can see prospects here!

HTH
Rdgs
==========
Jack :)

Upvote 0
Try this... file/page setup/options/select the effects tab
You should find watermark options on the lower right.
Hope that helps.
Drew

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-18 16:38, Tsi2quick wrote:
I cant get the No Line under lines in the Word Art format box to be available. I can do the semi-transparent check box but everything else on that dialog box is shaded and unable to be clicked on. I am probably doing something wrong! haha Thanks!

It's probably the type of Word Art you are using. Try using the default (upper-left). Let me know if it works.

-rh

Upvote 0
Jack !

I tried that a week ago... I'm not sure the background image prints out :(

maybe I was missing something though, but I couldn't get it to print

Chris
:)

Upvote 0
Hi Chris

Mail me tommorow ill try again and post the results imknow it works.. i think it does ... sue it does...

Paris has messed my email ... so sorry no emails..

Take care mate

rdgs
========
Jack

Upvote 0
It's probably the type of Word Art you are using. Try using the default (upper-left). Let me know if it works.

-rh

I got it to work using the default selection. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back