Conditional Formatting: Can I base it off of a group of other CF's?

FrumpyJones

Hi again all,

I have a new hire checklist that has 5 groups and various rows in these grouped rows for each group. (Example rows 3-7 are grouped for network access ID's. rows 8-13 are grouped for software that needs to be installed). Each grouping has its own merged and centered title in Column A, with the individual items in column B

Each row in a group has 5 checkpoints in columns C through G that are given a "y" or "n".

I already have every cell in column b conditionally formatted to give me a red, yellow, or green based on various combinations of "y" and "n" and it works great.
What I would like to add, if possible, is to format the grouping title if all of the items are green.

I know I could just have it check for all the same conditions in each item that makes each individual item green, but that's a long buncha ANDs (40 for the group that has 8 item rows).

Is there a way to have the grouped title (Example: A3-A6 in the picture below) look only to the the status of the conditional formatting of B3-B6, and if they all = green then make itself green? Here is a heavily obfuscated image of what I'm talking about

mrexcel-example.png

BONUS QUESTION: Can I have it place a graphic over its title instead? Like a big checkmark or thumbs up? Or is conditional formatting limited to fills and whatnot?

Thanks in Advance :)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
CF cannot see the formatting applied to other ranges, so would have to use the various CF rules for col B on col A.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back