Not sure where to start. NOOB Q

SILENT G

My apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but I'm not sure I even know what to search for :) I was wondering if there was a formula (or method) for excel to auto-complete or auto-fill data to the right using data pulled from another source when a value from a drop-down list is chosen? My example is that I have a table of wage information for Journeymen and Apprentices that is seven columns wide, I'd like to choose a CLASS from the list and have the wage information completed automatically to the right. Again, my apologies if you've already covered this topic. Thanks!!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
If you have a table for each of the CLASS categories in the list, a VLOOKUP formula should extract the data you require.
BUT
You would need to provide more information regarding layout of your data, and the corresponding table of information for each CLASS.
I'd suggest having a look her for options on posting data

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html
OR
Upload your file with desensitised data to a sharing site, Dropbox for instance, and then post the link back here

Upvote 0
Hey Michael - I appreciate you taking the time. Below are links to the screenshots:

Wage data located on a sheet within the workbook that is updated twice yearly: https://tinyurl.com/y2z7per8

How I'd like the data to be displayed once the CLASS is chosen from the list:https://tinyurl.com/y29bmzpe

Once personal info is entered to the left of this wage data, I'd like to pick their class from the drop-down list and have the data auto-populate. These classes change often as the apprentices move to the next level and I am currently just copy-pasting the data link.

I hope I've provided enough info and thanks again!!

Upvote 0
Are both of those files .JPG's ??
We can't help much with a picture.
You need to upload the actual file
Dropbox tells me the files don't exist !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back