How to insert multiple rows from one sheet into another

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Is there a way that I can insert a range of rows (18:35) from Sheet1 in between rows 17 & 18 in sheet2?

Everything I have tried ends up replacing at least one row in the target sheet. I suppose I could insert the right number of rows and then overwrite them, but that's a double pain.

I hope someone can show me a way to insert the rows between two existing rows and preserve all of the formatting and formulas.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Jennifer firstly select the cells you want to copy from the row, so don't select a range of columns, just select the rows. Copy.

Now right click in the other sheet 'insert copied cells'. Note that it won't trigger 'insert copied cells' if you have hidden rows. All your rows must be unhidden.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Jennifer firstly select the cells you want to copy from the row, so don't select a range of columns, just select the rows. Copy.

Now right click in the other sheet 'insert copied cells'. Note that it won't trigger 'insert copied cells' if you have hidden rows. All your rows must be unhidden.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. That works perfectly.

I would update your instructions a bit to this:

To copy or move a range of rows or columns and insert them between two existing rows or columns, use the Insert Copied/Cut Cells right-click function:

• Go to the source sheet.
    • Select the range of rows or columns to be copied or moved.
    • Copy (Ctrl+C) or cut (Ctrl+X) them to the clipboard.
  • Go to the target sheet
    • Make sure that only a single cell is selected by clicking on any single cell. If a range is selected, the insertion point will be before the range, regardless of the location of the right-click.
    • Right-click anywhere in the row or column where the rows or columns are to be inserted before.
    • Select Insert Copied/Cut Cells.
The source and target cannot overlap. To insert a range inside that same range, first copy it to a place outside that range, then move the copy to inside the range.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back