Pivot Table Data - File with data saved in Pivot Table but I don't have source data

gmooney

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a file that has a pivot table with the data saved into the file. I want to be able to modify some of the data and then refresh the connection based on this new data, but I do not have the original data source file. I would basically like to replicate the original data source with the data I get from the pivot table.

Here is the connection string: Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxxxxx xxx xxx\xxxx\xxxxxx xxxxx\xxxxxx\xxxxxx x xx xxxxxxx xxx xxxxxxx.xlsb;Mode=Share Deny Write;Extended Properties="HDR=YES;";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=37;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=0;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;Jet OLEDB:Support Complex Data=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass UserInfo Validation=False;Jet OLEDB:Limited DB Caching=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass ChoiceField Validation=False

I purposely xxxed out the file name path above but it points to an .xlsb file.

Any thoughts?

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back