Consecutive index match results??

Kirstym1918

Hi,

Does anyone know what I which additional formulas I would need to add/do to get this index match formula create a consecutive list of new matches as I drag the formula down to the next cells below

So would like it to return the 1st match in one cell, then the second match in the cell beneath and carry on until no more matches are found.

=INDEX('[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$C$4:$C$99,MATCH($AX$4,'[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$A$4:$A$99))

Many Thanks

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
See if this does what you need

=IF(B1="","",IFERROR(INDEX('[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$C:$C,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW(HB_Rota'!$A$4:$A$99)/($AX$4='[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$A$4:$A$99),ROWS(B$2:B2))),"")

Note that B1 Should reference the cell above the first formula, B$2:B2 Should reference the cell holding the first formula.

Upvote 0
See if this does what you need

=IF(B1="","",IFERROR(INDEX('[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$C:$C,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW(HB_Rota'!$A$4:$A$99)/($AX$4='[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$A$4:$A$99),ROWS(B$2:B2))),"")

Note that B1 Should reference the cell above the first formula, B$2:B2 Should reference the cell holding the first formula.

This seems to work perfectly, am i right in thinking that the B1 (or AX4 as the case is) needs to change as the formula is dragged down? to AX4, AX5,AX6 etc?

Thank you by the way

Upvote 0
am i right in thinking that the B1 (or AX4 as the case is) needs to change as the formula is dragged down? to AX4, AX5,AX6 etc?
That is correct, the other part AX$5:AX5 should expand to AX$5:AX6, AX$5:AX7, etc as you drag down.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back