Thread: Consecutive index match results??
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Consecutive index match results??

Hi,

Does anyone know what I which additional formulas I would need to add/do to get this index match formula create a consecutive list of new matches as I drag the formula down to the next cells below

So would like it to return the 1st match in one cell, then the second match in the cell beneath and carry on until no more matches are found.

=INDEX('[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$C$4:$C$99,MATCH($AX$4,'[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$A$4:$A$99))

Many Thanks

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Consecutive index match results??

See if this does what you need

=IF(B1="","",IFERROR(INDEX('[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$C:$C,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW(HB_Rota'!$A$4:$A$99)/($AX$4='[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$A$4:$A$99),ROWS(B$2:B2))),"")

Note that B1 Should reference the cell above the first formula, B$2:B2 Should reference the cell holding the first formula.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb75 View Post
    See if this does what you need

=IF(B1="","",IFERROR(INDEX('[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$C:$C,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW(HB_Rota'!$A$4:$A$99)/($AX$4='[19-20 HB ROTA & Hols.xlsx]HB_Rota'!$A$4:$A$99),ROWS(B$2:B2))),"")

Note that B1 Should reference the cell above the first formula, B$2:B2 Should reference the cell holding the first formula.

This seems to work perfectly, am i right in thinking that the B1 (or AX4 as the case is) needs to change as the formula is dragged down? to AX4, AX5,AX6 etc?

Thank you by the way

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirstym1918 View Post
    am i right in thinking that the B1 (or AX4 as the case is) needs to change as the formula is dragged down? to AX4, AX5,AX6 etc?
    That is correct, the other part AX$5:AX5 should expand to AX$5:AX6, AX$5:AX7, etc as you drag down.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List