Remove strings or special characters from data

i8ur4re

Board Regular
I have over 5000 items each item has a description, my description(s) look something like this, not all consistant, but very similiar:

< p >Feed Your Crops the Extra Calcium, Magnesium,< br / >and Iron They Need If You Use a Non-Advanced Base Nutrient< br / >< br / >Plants & ndash; just like all forms of life, including human beings – require a complete range of essential elements in order to thrive. Not one can be lacking, or your crops may suffer nutrient deficiencies. Of course, different concentrations of different nutrients are required by plants and animals at different stages of their lives. Just like young, developing children need vitamins and minerals, your plants need a steady supply of calcium and magnesium to ensure vigorous, healthy growth. But even expert growers often overlook another crucial element for high-value crops: specific forms of iron in precise ratios. If you & rsquo;re using our base nutrients, your crops are already getting the correct amounts of Ca, Mg, and Fe. But if you’re using our competitors’ base nutrients, your crops could suffer from stunted growth or yellowing leaves. In that case, use Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra® – the nutrient supplement formulated with the ratios of Ca, Mg, and Fe your crops need. As always, you’re protected by our 100% money-back Grower Guarantee. </p> < p >Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra is specially designed for use with all hydroponic growing media, including coco coir, as well as continuous liquid-feed growing systems such as aeroponics, drip irrigation and emitters, NFT, flood and drain, and deep water culture.</p> <p style="font-size: 19px;"><a href="https://www.biggreentomato.net/content/Advanced_Nutrients_Sensi_Cal_Mag_Xtra_004B_North_America_2017_11_03.pdf">View MSDS Sheet</a></p>

<tbody>
</tbody>

I want to remove anything that has <value> or links or anything that can alter HTML.
<P>
<P/>
<br/>
anything in < >
links

Basically i just want to be left with text. Any scripts or macros would be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Have you tried saving the pdf file as a text file and then starting from there? What is your intended final output? Give a sample of what your example document should look like when you're done parsing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike575

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back