Results of formula doesnot get update automatically

sushilkadam

Hi All,

I need your expert advise to solve my small query, I have an excel workbook (say WB-01) with almost 25 sheets. In each sheet data is retrieved from other excel workbook via formula (vlookup)

My issue here is that, my data in WB-01 does not get update until i manually open the file and click in the cells (F2 and Enter)

Request you to give me solution for getting the automatic updated data even if WB-01 is closed

Thanks
Sushil Kadam

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi Sushil,

your question is not fully clear.

the workbook WB-01 with the 25 sheets: these sheets contain the formulas to extract the data from another source workbook.

When you open WB-01 the formulas do not get updated automatically.
You then have to open the other source workbook, go back to WB-01 and open each linked cell to update.

What you try to achieve is that when you open WB-01, all the links are updated automatically, even if the source workbook is closed.

I think your file has been set up to not update automatically. See here how to mangae those settings:
https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-updated-21e995b5-bab1-4328-8ab3-dd357fe0e653

Upvote 0
VLOOKUP does work on closed workbooks but you need to have links update when you open the book. This setting can be switched on/ off in the settings. File-Options-Trust Center-Trust Center Settings-External Content. Click the appropriate radio button for workbook links.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back