How to filter whole row based on merged cells

pahickham

Hello All,

I've created an excel spreadsheet in which I've set buttons to filter rows based on values. The problem I'm having is that within the rows some cells are merged and when using the filter it won't keep the whole row. I'm uncertain of how to bring all the rows of over. The method I'm using to achieve my goal is probably wrong, my VBA skills are rather primitive. I've attached a copy of my sheet and what I want it to look like for the filters. Any input is appreciated.

https://app.box.com/s/fa6r9jxexb7voadkbqc1x6nfhxptr09j

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I cannot download/view your file from my current location.

However, let me just say that merged cells cause all sorts of problems, especially for things like VBA, Sorting, etc. They should really be avoided whenever possible.
Note that if you are just merging across columns, you can achieve the same visual effect without all the issues that merged cells cause by using the "Center Across Selection" formatting option instead.

See here for details: https://www.atlaspm.com/toms-tutori...er-across-selection-instead-of-merging-cells/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With the format you have got, you are asking for trouble. I would strongly recommend getting rid of the merged cells & then fill the data down, so that each cell has the relevant data.
Also your file is showing as 40MB, but it appears to be 2 sheets with approx 20 to 30 rows of data. Which means the file should be more like 40K than 40M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back