si3po

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
hi folks,

wondering if you knowledgeable people can help with this code.

I have written the following code and need some guidancewith it please.

I run a WB that tracks make-to-order demands with a longlead-time. Within the WB I have a sheet called ‘Hastener’ that I use toperiodically chase customers to confirm their outstanding Orders are still required.

The ‘Hastener’ sheet is set up to collect all demands for onecustomer based on their customer ID, e.g. ‘BXT’ or ‘CJP’ and list all of demandson the same sheet. I have a command button currently programmed to send anemail and copy/paste all of the demands for that customer that works perfectly.However, I am finding it difficult to track which demands have already beenchased and how many times – if after a number of hasteners I get no reply I willcancel the order.

Now, I have a sheet called 'Master Sheet’ that collates alldata about every outstanding order – when it was placed, what it is for, order number,customer id etc. I have adapted the sheet to allow manual updating of hasteners sent, but for some customers there aremany demands, and it is very laborious and repetitive to enter this info.

I have written the following code to help me update each demandchased with a customer, but I can’t work out how to get it to loop through alldemands chased on my ‘hastenerÂ’ and find their corresponding record on the ‘MasterSheet’ and update the date chased in column K of the ‘Master Sheet’.

Code:
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Dim rFind As Range[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]With Sheets("Master Sheet").Columns(6)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Set rFind =.Find(What:=Sheets("Hastener").Range("H:H"),LookAt:=xlWhole, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]If Not rFind IsNothing Then[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]rFind.Offset(0, 5) = Format(Now(), "dd/mmm/yy")[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]End If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]End With[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]End Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Any assistance offered is greatly appreciated.

Simon

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
I know it's not been a day yet, but I've been working away at this and tried a different approach, but still can't get it to put the date into column K of 'Master Sheet' if the search string from the 'Hastener' sheet Col H matches that of the value in Col F 'MasterSheet'.

Code:
Sub HastenEmail()
' following actions skipped for time being - reinstate when rest of script is finished
'    Application.Run "Sheet16.UnHide_Rows"
'    Application.Run "Sheet16.Mail_Selection_Range_Outlook_Body"
'    Application.Run "Sheet16.NoSelect"
'    Application.Run "Sheet16.Hide_Rows"
'    Application.Run "Sheet16.PastetoLast"

Dim FindWhat As String
    Dim finalrow As Integer
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim ctrSearchRow As Integer

FindWhat = Sheets("AinU Hastener").Range("H22").Value
    finalrow = Sheets("Master Sheet").Range("A5000").End(xlUp).Row

For i = 9 To finalrow
           For ctrSearchRow = 9 To 100
                FindWhat = Sheets("Master Sheet").Cells(ctrSearchRow, 6).Value
                If Len(FindWhat) > 0 Then
                    If StrComp(Cells(i, 2).Value, FindWhat, vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
                        Cells(i, 11).Value = Format(Now(), "dd-mmm-yyyy")
                        End If
                End If
            Next ctrSearchRow
        Next i
End Sub

is anybody able to see where I'm going wrong and possibly correct me??

Upvote 0
hi all,

another quick update to my code, and I'm still looking for help is possible....

the following now works for the value in H42, but not the remainder of my filtered values in Col H.

Code:
Sub AinUEmail()
' following actions skipped for time being - reinstate when rest of script is finished
'    Application.Run "Sheet16.UnHide_Rows"
'    Application.Run "Sheet16.Mail_Selection_Range_Outlook_Body"
'    Application.Run "Sheet16.NoSelect"
'    Application.Run "Sheet16.Hide_Rows"
'    Application.Run "Sheet16.PastetoLast"
Dim FindWhat As String
Dim i As Integer                                                   'assumes you are on AinU Hastener Sheet when activating macro
FindWhat = Sheet16.Range("h42").Value                              'the value you want to match against is in this cell AinU Hastener
finalrow = Sheet2.Range("a3000").End(xlUp).Row                     'finds last row in Master Sheet
Sheet2.Activate                                                    'switches to Master Sheet
    For i = 9 To finalrow                                          'skip headers and loop through all rows from 9 to last row
        If FindWhat = Sheet2.Cells(i, 7).Value Then                'if the value in col F (7th col) of Master Sheet matches value in H22 of AinU Hastener
            Cells(i, 13).Value = Format(Now(), "DD-MMM-YYYY")      'change value of Col M (13th col) in Master Sheet to todays date
        End If                                                     'end if
    Next i                                                         'evaluate next row

Sheet16.Activate                                                   'return to AinU Hastener sheet
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back