Modifying a Macro to Produce Reports

PNeil

Hello everyone,
I am a big fan of this forum and have used it to solve many problems by searching through here (I only recently registered). I recently used a Macro created by hiker95 several years back. I am using this macro to sign in/out patients at my facility instead of a paper sign in/out book. This program utilizes a USB Barcode Scanner for input data. I have around 100 patients who are coming and going many times during the day each. Below is a sample I am using to work out bugs.

Name Time Out(1)Time In(1)Time Out(2)Time In(2)Time Out(3)Time In(3)
Frank Sinatra 9/25/2019 12:389/25/2019 12:45
Josephina Johnson-Atkinson 9/25/2019 12:389/25/2019 12:45
Neil Paul 9/25/2019 12:389/25/2019 12:45
George Jetson 9/25/2019 12:389/25/2019 12:45
<colgroup><col width="228" style="width: 171pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 8338;"> <col width="23" style="width: 17pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 841;"> <col width="128" style="width: 96pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4681;"> <col width="128" style="width: 96pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4681;"> <col width="129" style="width: 97pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4717;"> <col width="130" style="width: 98pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4754;"> <col width="127" style="width: 95pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4644;"> <col width="130" style="width: 98pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4754;"> <tbody> </tbody>

What I am looking for here is to see if it is possible to create a report, possibly on another sheet or highlighting cell pairs, to display when each patient is out of the building longer than 4hrs [e.g., the difference between Time Out(1) and Time In(1)]. Also, an additional report with total cumulative time out and/or total # of times out of the building.

I manage a residential substance abuse program and we are aiming to increase our accounting of patients. These changes would be used to collect data to prevent/predict relapse and monitor adherence to the program.

I am not able to code in VBA and am thankful for the code written by hiker95. I was only curious about the potential to use this data to further our treatment goals.

link to past post where this program was found. https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/672492-scan-barcode-excel-date-time-stamp-out.html

Thank you

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi PNeil,
could you add some examples of what you are trying to achieve? The data in your mockup shows only people who left and came back 7 minutes later, right? Being out longer than 4 hours: that's basically B4: =IF(B4<NOW()-4/24,"OUT >4","OK")
You could e.g. use that in conditional formating, say for E2 the formula: =E2<NOW()-4/24
If you can provide a bit more data, someone could help you setting up some calculation sheet that you could then use to make your reports (yeah, also without macros ;))
Cheers,
Koen

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back