Extract dynamic list from a range without filters

gcefaloni

Board Regular
Hi,

I'm looking for some help in building a dynamic list from a range with multiple constraints without using the Excel standard filters (I'm trying to improve my hockey pool performance by drafting faster and more efficiently!). So basically, I have a list of 800+ players with different statistics for each player like expected points, salaries, position, whether they were already picked by another person, etc.

Let's say the columns in my initial range are the following:
Player name: Column B
Position: Column C
Expected Points: Column D
Salary: Column E
Whether they were picked: Column F

I would like to have a few fields where I manually input whether I'm looking for a Defenseman (field 1) that costs less than 5M$ per year (field 2) and that is expected to make more than 60 pts (field 3) and that hasn't been picked by another person in the pool yet (field 4; set by a simple 1 for taken, 0 for available). Once I have input all these parameters for the search, I would like to have a list of the top 25 players that fit those criterias sorted by Expected points (field 3).

I figured that I'd need to use an index function and possibly the small function but I would need help to structure it all and have proper syntax for the formula. Could you help me build it out please?

Thanks, any help will be extremely appreciated!

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Right now I have the following, but it's not working out when I add the "AND" function to add multiple criterias at once.

=IFERROR(INDEX('FHG Rankings'!$A$6:$AZ$1000,SMALL(IF(AND('FHG Rankings'!$E$6:$E$1000=$AE$2,'FHG Rankings'!$Q$6:$Q$1000=$AE$5),ROW('FHG Rankings'!$C$6:$C$1000)-5),ROW(1:1)),MATCH(C$1,'FHG Rankings'!$A$6:$AZ$6,0)),"")

P.S. This doesn't follow the columns I gave in the original post as example.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you post some sample data to work from?

Upvote 0
I got it I think. This is the formula I came up with:

=IFERROR(INDEX('FHG Rankings'!$A$6:$AZ$1000,SMALL(IF(('FHG Rankings'!$E$6:$E$1000=$AE$2)*('FHG Rankings'!$J$6:$J$1000>$AE$3)*('FHG Rankings'!$L$6:$L$1000<$AE$4)*('FHG Rankings'!$Q$6:$Q$1000=$AE$5),ROW('FHG Rankings'!$C$6:$C$1000)-5),ROW(1:1)),MATCH(C$1,'FHG Rankings'!$A$6:$AZ$6,0)),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back